Chief Technology Officer
Full time / contract
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Chief Technology Officer (CTO) skilled in ICT more specifically in:
- TV broadcast & streaming technologies
- Project management of SW, HW development
If you are a technology visionary with expertise in technological development who executes that vision, we want to hear from you! You will set strategy and make executive technology decisions on behalf of the organization including managing a technology budget and making the necessary investments to align the organization with its vision for its technological needs.
You will be performing research on new technologies that could enhance company business. Working directly with the CEO, you will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions impacting current and future operations. As the CTO, you will oversee all technology and technological resources, establish the technology vision, strategies, and growth plans. You will also lead system and quality assurance processes.
For this role, we are seeking expertise supporting a growth strategy by expanding existing customer relationships, anticipating current and future needs, developing new business opportunities, and cultivating partner relationships. Additionally, the CTO holds the responsibility for developing, administering, monitoring, and coordinating the enterprise technology budget as decisions related to technology needs influence spending patterns for departments and programs across the organization.
- Present reports on the company’s technology status, goals and or progress
- Create and implement technology strategies
- Align the company’s technology resources with the organization’s short and long-term goals
- Identify what technologies can be used to improve the company’s products and services
- Making recommendations and present business advantages for technology initiatives and improvements
- Assist in recruiting, onboarding and training of IT staff
- Create and oversee high-level KPIs
- Manage the department’s budget
- Providing technical leadership at the enterprise level and serve an integral role in operations and business development.
- Designing and leading the implementation of our strategy for technology
- Ensuring the implementation and enforcement of selected technology standards ISO, DVB, ETSI, ATSC, SMPTE, SCTE
- Conducting research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable regarding industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new processes and system alterations, as well as to analyze and improve upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological advantage for teaching and learning.
- Build quality assurance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
- Knowledge of technological trends in Broadcast and Streaming TV to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Good working knowledge of English language
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Telecom, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Your experience includes executive leadership roles demonstrating a track record of technology innovation, design, development, and implementation. Typically, this experience would include at least 10 years with organizational management, process improvement successes, strong financial acumen, successes leading complex contractual relationships, excellent understanding of customer behavior, and keen insights regarding technology and business trends
- You have demonstrated success delivering customer-centric tools adding value to the end users while also anticipating internal operational needs and delivering tools that result in value-added services to the organization
- You have proven success building high-performing technical teams and working with rapid growth and implementing change
- You are a strategic thinker and effective communicator offering expertise in technological development and the demonstrated ability to implement and execute organizationally
Used SW technologies
- Main: Linux Kernel (C)
- Linux user mode, C++ application
- Erlang (open-source Ericsson language)
- Other: Qt, Python
What’s in it for you
- Creative work in an innovative company in the broadcast and satellite internet industry
- Professional growth thanks to participating on projects for the global market
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home
(2-4 days of home office per week)
- Company will propose company shares to key & most skilled programmers, project managers
- Bonus for finishing work in-time
- Work-life balance – stable quartal planning cyclus
Haven’t found the right position for you?
See the list of all our current job openings or drop us an e-mail to see how we can work together.